1. Designated Spaces for each family member
Lockers are an amazing way to keep every family member’s items separated and organized. This way, everyone has their own space that belongs to no one but them!
2. Storage for Jackets – Back Packs – Mitts, Hats & Shoes
Storing bulky items that are used often can be tricky. Luckily, backpacks, jackets and winter gear can be easily stored in a locker, while remaining completely accessible. Also, using hooks for hanging jackets is quick and easy, so kids are more likely to use them over hangers.
3. Doors, or no doors? Your choice
At Simple Spaces, we specialize in custom closet and storage solutions, so you’re lockers will be exactly how you want them. Keep the contents of your locker visible and easily accessible, or opt for doors on your lockers to keep everything hidden away and looking tidy.
4. Standard closets have return walls making that space less accessible
Lockers ensure that every inch of storage space is accessible, letting you store as much as possible and keep everything organized.
5. Use in the garage for sports equipment
Lockers aren’t just for outerwear! Use them for garage storage to organize sports equipment, camping gear and more.
Summer is upon us! In Calgary there are so many great sights to see during the warmer months. Get your family out and about this season with these top 5 summer activities to do with your kids in Calgary and area:
1) Riley Park
Pack up a picnic basket and bring your family down to Riley Park. Located directly south of the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), this awesome park is home to free summer concerts, picnic tables, beautiful greenery, a wading pool and so much more. Always open and always free, Riley Park is a great place to make summer memories with the family.
2) Okotoks Dawgs Baseball
It’s true what they say – a baseball game cannot be just watched, it has to be felt! Unfortunately, with the loss of the Calgary Vipers in 2011, the spirit of baseball in our city has slipped a little! Have no worries, the Okotoks Dawgs are just a short drive away. With single games as inexpensive as $5 per ticket, there’s no reason not to bring the whole family out for an afternoon. Buy yourself some peanuts and crackerjacks and come on out to root for the home team!
3) Inglewood Bird Sanctuary
Bring the family (and your binoculars!) down to the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary this summer for a little education and a lot of fun! Just a short drive east of downtown, the sanctuary is open 10 am – 6 pm weekdays and 10 am – 5 pm weekends. Trails may be closed for the 2014 season, but the Nature Centre and guided tours are where the real informational treasures lie.
4) Fort Calgary
Located just east of Calgary’s downtown, Fort Calgary is a year-round exhibition of the history of Mounted Police and the early settlement of Calgarians. Your family can try an RCMP uniform on for size or even experience an old jail cell from the inside!
5) Canada Olympic Park
This event is not for the faint of heart! Head up to COP this summer and ride the zipline all the way down from the monster ski jump tower! Younger children, or those with a fear of heights, could try out the other summer events COP has to offer such as mini golf or the spider web climbing structure.
Getting out to the cottage is such an amazing part of summer! But, since you’re not there all the time, you want it to be organized so you can spend every precious moment having fun! Here are 6 great tips for keeping your cottage, summer home in order. Of course, these tips can apply to your everyday home as well!
1. Organize Towels on Hooks. Have separtate colours for each family member and don’t forget about your guests.
2. Have snacks ready on-the-go with this simple solution to storing your favourite treats! This makes it easy for everyone to reach and you gain the valuable cabinet storage space.
3. Organizing a pantry into bins makes it easy to store those loose packages and keeps everything neat and tidy. This also makes it easy for the kids (and husbands!) to find things.
4. Rafter storage is a great, inexpensive, and not mention quick way to store things up and off the ground. Use a simple wire shelf and a few screws, and presto! You have extra storage space.
5. Fresh baked cookies as easy as 1-2-3! This makes it easy for anyone to make those family favourites! Pre-pack a few to take to the cottage or give as a hostess gift, if you are invited to stay for a weekend.
6. Lockers – if you have limited space this keeps “everyone” in their place.
Warm weather is finally starting to visit us in Calgary. That means it’s time for our favourite Summer activities.. swimming, walking, climbing trees, and of course, riding bikes!
That’s why we have decided to hold a Summer Fun Contest at Simple Spaces, for kids under 12 only!
We have two awesome crusier-style bicycles, and both are waiting in our Display Centre for a lucky winner to take them home.
So how can you win?
1. First of all, this contest is for kids, so to win you must be younger than 12 years old.
2. Draw a picture or write us a note outlining your 3 favourite summer activities – make sure your name and phone number are on it, so we can contact you if you win!
3. Drop it off at the Simple Spaces Dispay Centre before June 27th.
Contest closes June 27th, and we’ll do a draw by July 3rd.
We can’t wait to see all of your favourite summer activities! Good luck!